Contents of the prospectus
(Contents of the Prospectus)
Prospectus is an important document of the company which attracts the public to invest their money in the company by giving information about the company’s business plans and its profitability. Therefore it is necessary that the company in the statement
A true picture of the actual situation should be presented and all the important things related to the company should be described in it. As per the provisions of the Companies Act 2013, it is necessary to include the following things in the contents of the prospectus. The date mentioned will be considered as the date of publication of the prospectus.
2. Signature Every return shall be signed by all persons in whose name
Mention is made in the prospectus.
3. Information – The prospectus of every company shall contain the following information: A. Name of the company, address of the registered office of the company, names of the company secretary, chief financial officer, auditors, legal counsel, banks and other persons as may be prescribed.
B. Date of opening and closing of the issue. C. Declaration regarding issue of allotment letter and sending refund within the stipulated time.
D. Statement in respect of a separate bank account in a scheduled bank – this statement to be
That all the money received from the issue will be transferred to this account. In addition, this declaration
It will also be ensured that the amount received from this issue as well as the amount used and unutilized out of the amount received from the previous issues and will be disclosed in the prescribed manner.
E. Details of undercover- The details of the accused shall be mentioned in the details such as the names, addresses, telephone numbers, numbers and e-mail addresses of the accused and the amount charged by them.
F. Directors, auditors, issue banks, experts and other designated persons
The consent statement shall also include the consent of the Trustees, Solicitors or Advocates, Issue Merchant Bankers, Issue Registrar, Lenders, Experts. G. Procedure and schedule for allotment and issue of securities.
H. Details of directors including their appointment and remuneration, the nature and extent of their interest in the company and other such matters as may be prescribed.
I. Disclosure in the manner prescribed in respect of the source of the promoter’s contribution. J. The main objectives of the company and the present business of the company and its location, details of the project
K. Minimum subscription, which shall include the amount payable as premium, the details of the shares issued on consideration in addition to cash.
4. Description of the project- The following details related to the project will be given in the prospectus (a) The attitude or views of the managers regarding the specific risk elements of the project.
(b) The gestation period of the project.
(c) the extent of the progress of the project (d) the last date for the completion of the project 5. Details of lawsuits – The details of complaints or legal proceedings will also be given in the prospectus.
6. Report In each statement, for the purposes of financial information, the following reports shall be applied to (i) the company’s profits and losses, assets and liabilities and other such matters as have been determined, the auditor’s report.
(ii) reports relating to profits and losses for each of the five years preceding the financial year of the issue of the return containing similar reports of the subsidiaries. These reports shall be prepared in the prescribed manner.
7. A declaration shall also be included in the statement of declaration to the effect that
The provisions of the Companies Act have been followed in the preparation.
8. Any other material Other material and report also prescribed in the prospectus
will be included. Some of these main things are as follows. 1. Additional subject matter in the offer for sale by the issue house – The following things will be included in the offer for sale (statement) to be issued by the issue house
(i) the net amount of the consideration received or to be received for that offer.
(ii) the time and place at which the contract may be inspected under which
The securities have been allotted to the Issue House or there is an arrangement to be allotted.
2. Content to be written on the cover page of the prospectus On the cover page of each prospectus
The following will be mentioned
(i) A copy of the prospectus has been handed over to the Registrar for registration.
(ii) a mention of the documents to be attached to the copy of the statement submitted or the statement in which these documents are included.